السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
A belated Eid Mubarak to everyone.
الخمر جمّاع الاثم
Alcohol Constitutes Many Sin
In explanation of this hadith the ulema say:
When under the influence of alcohol the mind does not stay in sense, it makes the person commits such sin that he is not even aware of it.
It is reported in Bayhaqi on the authroity of Abdullah bin Umar
Alcohol is the root of all shameless acts, and one of the biggest sins. He who drinks alcohol it is as though he has commited adultry with his mother, his paternal and maternal aunt.
In the Quran it states:
"O you who believe! Intoxicants, gambling, idolatry and arrows (for seeking help on decision) one an abomination of order that you may be successful.
Shaytan seeks only to cast amongst you enmity and hatred by means of strong drink and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah and from his worship, will you then not refrain? ”
(Surah Ma’idah 90)
Once a pious man met a woman, who invited him towards committing a sin (adultery).
The man flatly refused. After her constant insisting, she still failed.
Thereafter, she gave him a choice of options,
1. Committing adultery with her or
2. To murder her newly born child, whom had she begot from her previous husband. Or
3. To consume some alcohol which she possessed.
If he were not willing to comply then she would scream and falsely inform the inhabitants of that place that he had raped her.
The man upon pondering decided to consume the alcohol, taking it to be least harmful of the three sins.
Upon the consumption of alcohol, he became intoxicated, and then consequently, he killed the child and also committed adultery with the woman.
The Harms of Alcohol:
1. Through alcohol, the stomach gradually loses its ability to function properly.
2. Causes loss of appetite.
3. It spoils ones facial features (Appearance)
4. Makes one age quicker.
5. Weakens and reduces the ability to think and speak properly.
6. Causes heart failure
7. The progeny of alcohol are weaker.
8. Creates fights and enmity between people
9. Leads towards grave sins, often adultery and murder are the direct results of drinking.
10. Thousands of pounds are wasted in this vice
و عليكم اسلام و رحمة الله و بركاته